Hello, dear Visitor. I’m Annie, from the beautiful Hocking Hills of southeastern Ohio, and I’m glad you found your way here. I’m pleased to share the writer/poet identity with you and know firsthand both the struggles and the true fulfillment only our writing can bring us.
My mission is to help give your long held creative dreams a home in real life so that your words can reach others who may be searching for–needing–precisely the gifts you alone have to give. As a supportive empath and devoted writing coach, it’s my honor to help you transform your writing dreams into a creative practice you love, one that sustains you and nourishes your whole life.
If I may, I look forward to being beside you a while on your journey, which need not be lonely, but can be well lit and accompanied by much excitement, encouragement, and hope.
This is an About Page, after all, so here’s something of what I’m about:
- the power of faith, hope, and love, in all things
- the written word in all its amazing beauty, power, versatility, and endurance
- the courage to make poems and stories and blog posts, and to share them with whoever might need them (we may never know who will receive and be comforted by our words)
- the absolute certainty that the use of our creative gifts blesses the world in infinite ways, beyond even our ability to understand
- the encouragement of each of us to live out our earliest and most heartfelt dreams–they’re real
- the wholehearted abetting of changes that lead to Glorious Second Acts in life
- the entrusting of who you are, of all the love in your heart and mind, into the good keeping of your own words
- the trying, failing, and trying again, always, to be the love you hope to see in the world
Here’s some of my education and experience, if I can be of help:
- B.A. in English, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- M.A. in English/Creative Writing, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Instructor, writing and literature: Ohio University, Syracuse University
- Freelance writer
- Creativity coach
- Fiction writer
- Poet and poetry mentor
- Writing group facilitator, mental health support houses
- Course creator
- Copy editor/proofreader
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I’ll be glad to hear from you.